Recipe for Voma Tailam:
Vaamu : 1/2 kg
Make fine powder by pounding. Add 2 kg water and crush it with palm (baaga pisakali) and allow it to soak for 12 hours. Then place it on SIM flame, stir it with a laddle continuously. Boil till the water reduces to half. Filter the water (kashaayam) and add 1/4 kg sesame oil (nuvvula noone). Once again boil till only oil remains. Filter after it cools and store it in a bottle.
Vaamu tailam is benefiial to all Vaata pains, joint pains, knee pains, back pain, hip pains.
Apply the oil 3 times a day to the affected part and also do fomentation. Pains will subside.
Food precautions for early recovery from pains:
- Old rice, Jaava, wheat jaava, wheat roti, barley jaava, old tur dal (kandi pappu.
- Snake gourd (potlakaaya), green gourd (beera kaaya), tender brinjals (leta vankaya), tender drumsticks (munakkaya), garlic, onion, koyya totakura, ponnagantikura.
- Fruits like lemon, pomogranate, grapes, dates.
- Pickles of big lemon (dabbakaya), chinta, usiri can be used.
- Cow's milk and cow's butter milk is very good.